This month's wrap-up comes a little differently that the usual ones, wrapping up yearly challenges and introducing changes in next year's program:
Upcoming Changes/New Year's Blog Resolutions:
- This will be the last monthly wrap-up. I'm not taking any reading challenges for 2012, so it'd just be a post of nothing but links you can find in my archive anyway. The actual Book Of The Month giveaway post will be where I'll announce last month's winner.
- To stop buying into hype for books I know I won't like. I feel like most of my reviews are negative these days, and though I don't feel guilty for them, I'd like to have to write them less for the popular books that literally every Top 10 Of 2011 post I've read mention.
- My most important resolution: if I'm not interested in blogging, I won't force myself to blog. Right now reviewing is more of a pain than a pleasure, and you can tell that in the quality of my posting.
2011 Debut Author Challenge: completed
I ended up reading a total of 41 2011 debuts!
100+ Challenge: completed.
I ended up reading and reviewing 182 novels overall.
Aussie YA Reading Challenge: completed.
I ended up reading 32 Aussie YA novels this year!
- Where the rating went, on the discontinuation of rating books reviewed
- Faves of TwentyEleven, Day One: The Books
Day Two: The Characters
Day Three: The Scenes
Day Four: The Random
This month I've reviewed the following books:
- Brother/Sister by Sean Olin
- In The Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
- Break by Hannah Moskowitz
- Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
- The Sharp Time by Mary O'Connell
- Sirensong by Jenna Black
- Touch Of Power by Maria V. Snyder
- Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
You can find a list of all the books (alphabetized) that I've ever reviewed on this blog here.
Book Of The Month:
A feature inspired by Audrey at holes In My brain, at the end of each month I'll pick the favorite book I read, and feature it as my Book Of The (next) Month.
January's Book Of The Month is The Sharp Time by Mary O'Connell. My review can be found here.