Saturday, December 31, 2011

December Wrap-Up: New year's resolutions

This month's wrap-up comes a little differently that the usual ones, wrapping up yearly challenges and introducing changes in next year's program:
_________________________________________

Upcoming Changes/New Year's Blog Resolutions:

  • This will be the last monthly wrap-up. I'm not taking any reading challenges for 2012, so it'd just be a post of nothing but links you can find in my archive anyway. The actual Book Of The Month giveaway post will be where I'll announce last month's winner.
  • To stop buying into hype for books I know I won't like. I feel like most of my reviews are negative these days, and though I don't feel guilty for them, I'd like to have to write them less for the popular books that literally every Top 10 Of 2011 post I've read mention. 
  • My most important resolution: if I'm not interested in blogging, I won't force myself to blog. Right now reviewing is more of a pain than a pleasure, and you can tell that in the quality of my posting.


Challenges:

2011 Debut Author Challenge: completed
I ended up reading a total of 41 2011 debuts!

100+ Challenge: completed.
I ended up reading and reviewing 182 novels overall.

Aussie YA Reading Challenge: completed.
I ended up reading 32 Aussie YA novels this year!


Features:

     - Where the rating went, on the discontinuation of rating books reviewed

     - Faves of TwentyEleven, Day One: The Books
                                                Day Two: The Characters
                                                Day Three: The Scenes
                                                Day Four: The Random


You can find a list of all the books (alphabetized) that I've ever reviewed on this blog here.

Book Of The Month:

A feature inspired by Audrey at holes In My brain, at the end of each month I'll pick the favorite book I read, and feature it as my Book Of The (next) Month.

January's Book Of The Month is The Sharp Time by Mary O'Connell. My review can be found here.

Stay tuned for a The Sharp Time giveaway tomorrow! (Tomorrow conveniently happens to be one minute away here!) The winner of last month's giveaway of The Night Circus was Lorraine.


So that was December in review. How was your month?