Monday, January 3, 2011

Aussie YA Reading Challenge

I'm kind of behind on signing up for this one, but I only just saw it and couldn't not join in. I don't read nearly enough books by Australian authors, though I really should. I get excited just seeing Australia mentioned in a book, let alone having a story set here.

So, the Aussie YA Reading Challenge is hosted by Nic at Irresistible Reads (whose blog I love) with help from Nomes at Inkcrush (whose blog I also happen to love).

The objective is, for Australian participants, to read 12 books by Australian authors in 2011. For international participants, the goal is only 6. The original challenge post with more info can be found here.

The books I'll read for the challenge are (with links to their reviews as they go up):

- On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- Finnkin Of The Rock by Melina Marchetta
- Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James
- Mercy by Rebecca Lim
- Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
- Chasing Charlie Duskin by Cath Crowley
- Feeling Sorry For Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty
- Girl Saves Boy by Steph Bowe
- Shift by Em Bailey
- Beatle Meets Destiny by Gabrielle Williams
- Magic Or Madness by Justine Larbalestier
- How To Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbalestier
- Little Sister by Aimee Said
- Six Impossible Things by Fiona Wood
- Winter's Shadow by M. J. Hearle
- This Is Shyness by Leanne Hall
- Only Ever Always by Penni Russon
- Blood Song by Rhiannon Hart
- Angel Creek by Sally Rippin
- All I Ever Wanted by Vikki Wakefield
- A Pocketful Of Eyes by Lili Wilkinson
- Black Painted Fingernails by Steven Herrick
- Fury by Shirley Marr
- The Dead I Know by Scot Gardner
- Flyaway by Lucy Christopher
- The Bridge by Jane Higgins
- In Ecstasy by Kate McCaffrey
- Raw Blue by Kristy Eager
- Pink by Lili Wilkinson
- Burn Bright by Marianne De Pierres
- Angel Arias by Marianne De Pierres
- Good Oil by Laura Buzo

_______________________________________________________________

This challenge is now over, and I beat both the challenge goal of 12 and my personal goal of 30 with a total of 32 Aussie YAs read and reviewed this year!