Saturday, October 29, 2011

In My Mailbox (7)

In My Mailbox features are slowly getting more and more frequent, but aren't yet weekly here like they are where they're hosted at The Story Siren. Essentially In My Mailbox is for featuring the books you've received through whatever means over the past week.

In my last In My Mailbox post (was it two weeks ago?), I noted that I'd had a great week for winning books. It seems now that it's been a good month for giveaway wins, with 7 of these books below arriving as prizes. It really topped off a fabulous week, coming home from my last day of high school classes ever, from muck-up day, from the year 12 break-up excursion, all to find books at the front door for me.

  • Break by Hannah Moskowitz
    I've wanted this book for what feels like forever, but is actually since I read Hannah's second book, Invincible Summer, and loved it.
  • When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
    I read When You Reach Me a while back, and absolutely adored it. I'm ecstatic to have won a copy.
  • Days Like This by Alison Stewart
    This one came from a Goodreads giveaway, which probably made it the most exciting one here. Who actually enters those with a bajillion entrants expecting to win?
  • Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
    Thanks to Penguin for this one! Hopefully I can make time for it in the near future.
  • Last Breath by Rachel Caine
    I'm reading this one at the moment, and loving it every bit as much as I loved the others in this series. Thanks to Penguin for this one as well, though I have no idea what I'll do with my pre-ordered copy when it arrives...
  • Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
    I love having a copy of Some Girls Are now to sit snugly between Cracked Up To Be and Fall For Anything. I love their colours, and I really can't wait for the lovely blue This Is Not A Test to complete the rainbow of her book spines.
  • Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
    This is going to be a fabulously creepy read! I've read quite a few books with illustrations/photos lately, and I'm definitely in the mood for more.
  • Lola And The Boy Next Door and Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
    Like everyone else, I completely adore these books. I'd scheduled to review Lola a few days ago, but I was too busy to actually get around to writing it, and then too busy to admonish myself for it.


So what did you guys get this week that was uber-exciting? Or simply, what was uber-exciting for you guys this week? Are any other Aussie year twelves who graduated this week reading this?