Saturday, October 1, 2011

In My Mailbox (5)

In My Mailbox is feature hosted by Kristy at The Story Siren where we showcase some of the books we received over the past week. So here's my haul:






  • Where It Began by Ann Stampler Redisch
    I'm very excited to start this one! I'll probably break my posting-reviews-around-release-date principle for it.

  • Devilish by Maureen Johnson
    Maureen Johnson became my favourite author at some point during the week two years or so ago where I borrowed all of her books from my library and read them back-to-back. I've decided to finally collect all of her books, and Devilish is my first.

  • Angel Arias by Marianne De Pierres
    I finished this a few days ago, and though it took me a while to get into it, it was eventually amazing. Thanks to Random House Australia!

  • Sweetly by Jackson Pearce
    I've read both of Jackson Pearce's others books and watch her vlogs, but I was still pleasantly surprised with Sweetly. Thanks go to Hachette for this one.

  • Daughter Of Smoke And Bone by Laini Taylor
    I'm almost half way through this, the first I've read of Laini Taylor's books, and oh my god. I knew she was supposed be an amazing wordsmith, but some people just say that about all writers. But wow. Many thanks to Hachette again!

Also, my library moved this week into the tiny, local VU campus while the old one is renovated. I usually just put what I want to read on hold and collect it, but the new arrangement is so much more clear that I browsed for a while and realised that our library has relatively new releases. When did that happen? Anyway, here's what I found:


  • Undercurrent by Tricia Rayburn
  • There Is No Dog by Meg Rosoff
  • Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby

So what did you guys get this week that you're excited about?

Also, while you're here, check out my international giveaway of Imaginary Girls.