Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August Wrap-Up

Whoa, August was a crazy month. All of my university plans are coming together. I went to a bunch of open days, submitted my course preferences, and my VCE coordinator tells me I'm on track to get the highest ATAR my school's ever seen.*

But anyway, here's this month's wrap-up:
_________________________________________


Challenges:

2011 Debut Author Challenge:
This month for the Debut Author Challenge, I read and reviewed The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab. It was released on the 2nd, and my review is linked below.

100+ Challenge: completed.
This month I read and reviewed 16 novels that go towards the challenge's goal of reading 100 books this year, bringing my running total up to 125. You can see my completed list of the 100 books I read for this challenge here.

Aussie YA Reading Challenge: completed.
This month I read and reviewed 7 novels that go towards the challenge's goal of reading 12 YA books by Australian authors (I'm on 28 at the moment, and my new personal goal is 35). Their reviews are linked below, marked by asterisks.

Features:
Aussie August -- a month dedicated to highlighting and celebrating Australian literature.
My features posts for this month were:
   - International giveaway of six Australian titles | Winner announcement
   - Aussie favourites: recommendations from various Australian authors
   - What makes Australian literature Australian?
   - Top Five List: Aussie titles that need to reach international readers.


You can find a list of all the books (alphabetized) that I've ever reviewed on this blog here.

Book Of The Month:
A feature inspired by Audrey at holes In My brain, at the end of each month I'll pick the favorite book I read, and feature it as my Book Of The (next) Month.


September's Book Of The Month is The Opposite Of Amber by Gillian Philip. My review can be found here.



So that was August in review. How was your month?


* Which, admittedly, isn't that hard. Last year they couldn't even choose a dux because the results were so poor. The highest ever was 85 or thereabouts.