Friday, September 30, 2011

September Wrap-Up

September went by super fast! Especially after some great books pulled me out of the reading slump I didn't realise I was in under I wasn't anymore. 

But anyway, here's this month's wrap-up:
_________________________________________


Challenges:

2011 Debut Author Challenge:
This month for the Debut Author Challenge, I read and reviewed The Beginning Of After by Jennifer Castle. It was released on the 6th, and my review is linked below.

100+ Challenge: completed.
This month I read and reviewed 16 novels that go towards the challenge's goal of reading 100 books this year, bringing my running total up to 141. You can see my completed list of the 100 books I read for this challenge here.

Aussie YA Reading Challenge: completed.
This month I read and reviewed just one novel that goes towards the challenge's goal of reading 12 YA books by Australian authors (I'm on 29 at the moment, and my new personal goal is 35). The review is linked below, marked by an asterisk.


Features:

     - Fans Of Twilight Will Love This Post! -- about the dreaded "Twilight fans will love this!" blurb
    - Cold Kiss tour: Teenage Garage Sale with Amy Garvey
    - The Mephisto Covenant tour: This and That with Trinity Faegen
    - Top 5 list: Animal companions



You can find a list of all the books (alphabetized) that I've ever reviewed on this blog here.

Book Of The Month:

A feature inspired by Audrey at holes In My brain, at the end of each month I'll pick the favorite book I read, and feature it as my Book Of The (next) Month.

October's Book Of The Month is Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma. My review can be found here.

Also, *new thing*! I'm going to giveaway a copy of my Book Of The Month each month! Stay tuned for a Imaginary Girls giveaway tomorrow! (Tomorrow being one minute away...)



So that was September in review. How was your month?