Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cold Kiss Tour: Teenage Garage Sale



Welcome to the fourth stop on the book tour for Amy Garvey's amazing debut, Cold Kiss (stick around for my review, going up on the 20th!). Make sure you don't miss any of the posts: click here for the tour schedule.

Here, I'm delighted to host Amy for her Teenage Garage Sale, where she'll share with us some of her beloved possessions as a teenager.



Oh, my teen years. Keep in mind, they’re possibly a bit farther back than you expected…


My Timberland construction boots. These were absolutely de rigueur for us, the more broken in and scuffed the better. We wore them with … well, pretty much everything, but generally jeans and flannel shirts. Think Freaks and Geeks. In the shape mine were in, I’ll let them go for $5.

My LeSportsac. I can’t remember how many of these I had – many! My last one was brown and pretty big and very well-loved. $3.

Feather earrings, many sizes and colors! I think these are actually back in now, right? Almost a dozen for a mere $3!

Baseball jersey style concert shirts, a little worse for the (constant) wear, featuring The Police and The Kinks. Please tell me you know who they are. $1 apiece.

About a million unused writing journals, since I apparently used to buy them in bulk for the pretty covers and wind up journaling in the back of my school notebooks. Oops. $1 each!

My collection of mix tapes, complete with Sony Walkman! Everything from Thompson Twins to X to Joni Mitchell to Pink Floyd and Depeche Mode made their way onto those. The whole lot for a low, low $5!

A few unused bottles of Sun-In, since I discovered pretty early it made my hair a really unfortunate tangerine. Free, actually. No one should use these.

My VHS tape of the Live Aid concert in Philly from July 13, 1985. You know you want this. As long as you still have a VCR, that is. Tom Petty, Madonna, the Stones, Duran Duran, Bob Dylan! $3 only!

An original Atari console! You haven’t played video games till you’ve played  Pong, believe me. ::shifty-eyed:: Just $4!



Here's some more info about the haunting and lovely Cold Kiss:


When her boyfriend, Danny, is killed in a car accident, Wren can’t imagine living without him. Wild with grief, she uses the untamed powers she’s inherited to bring him back. But the Danny who returns is just a shell of the boy she once loved.


Wren has spent four months keeping Danny hidden, while her life slowly unravels around her. Then Gabriel DeMarnes transfers to her school and somehow, inexplicably, he can sense her secret. Wren finds herself drawn to Gabriel, who is so much more alive than the ghost of the boy she loved. But Wren can’t turn her back on Danny or the choice she made for him—and she realizes she must find a way to make things right, even if it means breaking her own heart.


Amy Garvey’s transcendent teen debut is perfect for fans of Shiver and Beautiful Creatures. Wren’s unforgettable voice and story will stay with readers long after the last page is turned.


Look out for it in stores on the 20th of September, 2011!