Saturday, July 16, 2011

In My Mailbox (2)

In My Mailbox is a feature, hosted by Kristy at The Story Siren, that allows us to showcase books we received in the past week. I only participate in In My Mailbox sporadically, because it has all these (undeserved, in most cases) negative connotations attached to it, but this week was really exciting, so voila post!

For review:

Thanks to Allen & Unwin, Rhiannon Hart, and PanMacmillan!

  • A Straight Line To My Heart by Bill Condon. This one sounds really cute, and I accidentally(?) got sent two copies, so I'll probably give one away for Aussie August next month.
  • Blood Song by Rhiannon Hart.
  • Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan.
  • When We Have Wings by Claire Corbett.

Won:



  • Momentum by Saci Lloyd. Won this from Date A Book by Hachette. All through July they're running Winter Flings and having a giveaway a day from their Facebook page. Aussies, go check it out!
  • Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma.* I won this one from Alexa at Not Enough Bookshelves. Thanks Alexa!

From closing down sales:

All the stores closing is incredibly sad (Angus & Robertson's huge store was reduced to just a few shelves at the front. Even selling furniture!), but man, it's fun picking up so many books you can hardly carry them all in the sales.
  • Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brien.* Only one of these I haven't already read, and I can't wait to start it. I've heard so many great things about it!
  • Beatle Meets Destiny by Gabrielle Williams. Possibly another to giveaway for Aussie August?
  • Lament by Maggie Stiefvater. I love her books, but this is the only I actually own! I need to find the rest before she comes here in early September.
  • Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly.
  • Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann.
  • Nightshade by Andrea Cremer.
  • The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff.

From a second-hand store on holiday:


I've never been to a second-hand store in my life, and I was really surprised at the great quality, and how organised and wide the selection was! I always imagined books in arbitrary stacks on tables, cracked spines...
  • A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.* One of these things is not like the others...
  • Valiant by Holly Black.*
  • On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. It's about time I actually owned my own copy of this book!
  • Delirium by Lauren Oliver. 

Leave links to your own In My Mailbox posts in the comments, or just tell which books you're really excited you received. Also, I've marked the books I haven't read with asterisks -- which do you guys think I should read first?