Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May Wrap-Up

 May's come and gone and June's arrived, and brings my mid-year exams with it. Heh. So naturally, that means I won't be doing much else but preparation this month.

But anyway, there's this month's wrap-up:
_________________________________________

Challenges:

2011 Debut Author Challenge:
This month for the Debut Author Challenge, I read and reviewed Divergent by Veronica Roth, which debuted on the 3rd. You can see my review here.

100+ Challenge:
This month I read and reviewed 18 novels that go towards the challenge's goal of reading 100 books this year, bringing my running total up to 78. You can see my list of books read with links to their reviews so far here.

Aussie YA Reading Challenge:
This month I read and reviewed 3 novels that go towards the challenge's goal of reading 12 YA books by Australian authors. Their reviews are linked below, marked by asterisks.

Features:
- Guest Post by Aimee Said: Breaking the cycle of bullying
- Elizabeth Scott Week (Introduction | Conclusion)
- My Top Five Favourite Characters (Top Fives will become a new monthly feature. Or sporadic feature, if I get lazy. Which I may.)

- Rachel Caine Signing recount
- Kristin Cashore and Cassandra Clare signing 

- Kaffe Klatsch with Marianne De Pierres and Allison Goodman recount


You can find a list of all the books (alphabetized) that I've ever reviewed on this blog here.

Book Of The Month:
A feature inspired by Audrey at holes In My brain, at the end of each month I'll pick the favorite book I read, and feature it as my Book Of The Month.


June's Book Of The Month is The Dust Of 100 Dogs by A. S. King. The review's linked above.




So that was May in review. How was your month?