Friday, May 27, 2011

My Top 5 Favourite Characters

Okay, so I've been sitting here trying to think up some clever intro to this post for a while now before I realised how I don't need one. The title makes the post's point so obvious. So, straight into my top 5 favourite characters:

Andi Alpers from Revolution
Because she was just so full of emotion and so brilliantly real. And because she evoked this I-really-want-to-just-give-you-a-big-hug reaction from me.

Margo Roth Spieglman from Paper Towns
Because she was so...loud? Not physically, but her personality. The only way I can describe it is as loud. Also because she said great things like:
All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm. All the paper kids drinking beer some bum bought for them at the paper convenience store. Everyone demented with the mania of owning things. All the things paper-thin and paper-frail.
Danny from Raw Blue
Just because he's adorable.

Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games trilogy
Do I even need to say why? Because she's a total badass.

Frankie Landau-Banks from The Disreputable History Of Frankie Landau-Banks
Because she is a clever, feministic, headstrong, word-nerd. I was a hardly a chapter in when I decided that I wanted Frankie as a best friend.

So, readers, do we share any favourite characters? Who are your favourite characters, and why?