Monday, February 28, 2011

February Wrap-Up

 February's coming to a close. As it turns out, February's my favorite month: it holds my birthday; during it, the weather is (usually) nice and warm here in Melbourne; and the obsessive compulsive part of me likes that it's exactly four weeks long.

But anyway, there's this month's wrap-up:


_________________________________________

Challenges:

2011 Debut Author Challenge:
This month for the Debut Author Challenge, I read and reviewed The Iron Witch - Karen Mahoney's debut that was released on the 8th. You can see my review here.

100+ Challenge:
This month I read and reviewed 14 novels that go towards the challenge's goal of reading 100 books this year, bringing my running total up to 30. You can see my list of books read with links to their reviews so far here.

Aussie YA Reading Challenge:
This month I read and reviewed 5 novels that go towards the challenge's goal of reading 12 YA books by Australian authors. Their reviews are linked below, marked by asterisks.



Reviews:

This month I've reviewed the following books:
Claire De Lune by Christine Johnson
- Girl Saves Boy by Steph Bowe*
- On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta*
- Only The Good Spy Young by Ally Carter
- Mercy by Rebecca Lim*
- Hexbound by Chloe Neill
- Shine by Lauren Myracle
- You Against Me by Jenny Downham
- Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler
- Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler
- The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
- Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
- Magic Or Madness by Justine Larbalestier*
- In Ecstasy by Kate McCaffrey*
- The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher


You can find a list of all the books (alphabetized) that I've ever reviewed on this blog here.

Features:
- Tera Lynn Childs' Sweet Venom cover release.

Book Of The Month:
A feature inspired by Audrey at holes In My brain, at the end of each month I'll pick the favorite book I read, and feature it as my Book Of The Month.


March's Book Of The Month is When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead. Look out for my review, going up on the 3rd.






So that was February in review. How was your month?