So June's over and while the large American slice of the blogosphere begin their summer holidays, we down here are still laboring away at school in the middle of winter. But I'm totally not jealous.
But anyway, there's this month's wrap-up:
2011 Debut Author Challenge:
This month for the Debut Author Challenge, I read and reviewed Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz, which was released on the 28th. My review's linked below.
This month I read and reviewed 15 novels that go towards the challenge's goal of reading 100 books this year, bringing my running total up to 94. You can see my list of books read with links to their reviews so far here.
Aussie YA Reading Challenge:
This month I read and reviewed 4 novels that go towards the challenge's goal of reading 12 YA books by Australian authors (I just counted, and apparently I beat that goal last month!). Their reviews are linked below, marked by asterisks.
- A guest post at Miss Page-Turner's City Of Books about Australian books.
- A guest review of Alaska by Sue Saliba for Penguin BTL.
- A top five list: my favourite YA parental/family figures.
- Faves of 2011 so far, a feature hosted by Nomes at Inkcrush.
This month I've reviewed the following books:
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
- Flyaway by Lucy Christopher*
- Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley*
- Slice Of Cherry by Dia Reeves
- Wildefire by Karsten Knight
- Winter's Shadow by M. J. Hearle*
- Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
- What Happened To Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
- The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart
- Hate List by Jennifer Brown
- A Blue So Dark by Holly Schindler
- A Pocketful Of Eyes by Lili Wilkinson*
- Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz
- Clarity by Kim Harrington
You can find a list of all the books (alphabetized) that I've ever reviewed on this blog here.
A feature inspired by Audrey at holes In My brain, at the end of each month I'll pick the favorite book I read, and feature it as my Book Of The Month.
July's Book Of The Month is Alaska by Sue Saliba. My review can be found here.